The Best of 2020
2020 has been a special year in many ways, most of them bad. But for the ClassCast Podcast, 2020 was a year of learning, development, and growth. These discussions about improving education reached thousands of listeners spread across six continents. In 38 episodes this calendar year, I spoke with passionate students, innovative teachers, reflective administrators, industry-leading CEOs, elected officials -- all kinds of smart, purposeful people who are challenging the status quo of education in the United States and abroad.
This special episode offers a quick reflection on ClassCast Podcasts from 2020, goals for 2021, and an overview of all the content generated this year.
The two lists below represent some of the top content posted this year. The first list is based entirely off downloads and streams -- these are the ten most listened-to episodes of the year. The second list was much harder to create -- these are ten other "must-listen" episodes that offer great insights while landing just outside the "top 10" by downloads. I strongly believe that every episode offers immense value, and I'm grateful for every guest who has taken the time to share their ideas and advance this conversation. But, in the name of reviewing the year and helping new listeners check out older content they may have missed, I've generated what I believe to be the Top 10 Host Picks.
If you have questions or comments about any episodes, or if you have suggestions for topics and guests to feature in 2021, let us know!
Top 10 Most Downloaded Episodes from 2020
In terms of total listeners and downloads, 2020 has been good to the ClassCast Podcast. After a successful launch in 2019, we've steadily attracted a larger, more dedicated audience. While factors such as topic, timing, and guest's personal supporters can lead to varied download statistics, I consider every episode this year a success. Based purely on total downloads and streams -- from Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Audible, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Amazon Music, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, YouTube, other streaming services, our web app, and here at ClassCastPodcast.com -- THESE ARE THE MOST DOWNLOADED EPISODES OF 2020!
1) Ep.043 -- Tibbens -- Censorship, Banned Books Week, Antiracism, & Huckleberry Finn (10/1/2020)
2) Ep.045 -- Tibbens -- DL, Hybrid, & Concurrent Models: Getting "Back to School" (10/25/2020)
3) Ep.044 -- Matt Bass -- Candidate for Clarke County Board of Supervisors on Life & School in a Small Town (10/16/2020)
4) Ep.051 -- Devin Siebold -- America's Favorite Teacher-Comedian (12/20/2020)
5) Ep.046 -- Taylor Freeman -- Virtual & Augmented Reality: Schools of Tomorrow, Today (11/1/2020)
6) Ep.030 -- Leleda Beraki -- Class of 2020, Better Schools, Pandemics, Racism, & More (6/11/2020)
7) Ep.033 -- Tibbens -- School Reopenings: Composure & Compromise (7/8/2020)
8) Ep.050 -- Tibbens -- In Defense of Snow Days (12/16/2020)
9) Ep. 019 -- Tim "The Shop Teacher" Gregory -- On Why We Need Shop Class, Vo-tech, Hard Work, & Failure (3/4/2020)
10) Ep.041 -- Tibbens -- Antiracism, Hypocrisy, Protests, & Education (9/14/2020)
The Host's Picks from 2020
While every guest offers a valuable perspective, there are some conversations that spark both personal and intellectual connections between audience and speakers. The list below celebrates the episodes that received the most passionate commentary and feedback while landing just outside the top ten in terms of total downloads.
Leave a Reply.
Where philosophy, policy, pedagogy, & people come together in honest, purposeful conversations about improving school & education for our students & our communities.